Calendar & Policies
Mon, Sept 21: Classes Begin
Tue, Sept 22(Sunset)-Wed, Sept 23: Yom Kippur
Thu, Nov 26-Sun, Nov 29: Thanksgiving Recess
Mon, Dec 21-Fri, Jan 1: Holiday Recess
Mon, Jan 18: Martin Luther King Day
Fri, Mar 25–Sun, Mar 27: Easter Recess
Fri, Apr 22–Fri Apr 29: Spring Recess (Passover)
Mon, May 30: Memorial Day
Sun, June 19: Last Day of Classes
Adult Classes are ongoing throughout the year, however the studio will generally observe holidays, (646)-852-6545 or balletand firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
There is a set order to ballet exercises. If you are late and miss the very important beginning warm-up movements, you or your child is at an increased chance of injury.
Admittance to class for tardy students is at the discretion of the teacher. Students may be asked to warm-up on their own until they are ready to join the class or may be asked to sit and observe.
Attendance and Make-Up Classes:
In the interest of your child’s progress, learning, and physical safety, regular attendance is strongly advised. If your child misses a class it may be made up any time during the year by taking another class at the same or lower level. It is not necessary to prearrange a makeup, but please check in at the desk when you arrive. If a holiday falls on your class day, you may make it up anytime within the school year after the missed lesson.
(1) The landlord has requested that no strollers be left in the courtyard in front of the studio. Please bring your stroller inside, fold and find a suitable place to stow it.
(2) The Landlord has also requested that there be no loitering or cell phone conversations in the courtyard or on the sidewalk immediately in front of the studio. Please stay inside or patronize one of the many wonderful establishments in the neighborhood while waiting for your child.
(1) Ballet & Body is not responsible for injuries sustained in class, or in the waiting or dressing areas.
(2) Ballet & Body is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please keep your belongings together. Do not leave valuables unattended, they should be brought with you into the studio.
(1) Since our studio has an open glass partition, we ask you keep your voices normal speaking level. Running and rough housing are strictly prohibited in the waiting area.
(2) Please treat teachers, staff, as well as other students, parents and care givers with respect. Ballet & Body does not tolerate bullying.
Payments & Limitations:
(1) Tuition for yearly or semester enrolled students, and class cards for adult students are strictly nonrefundable and nontransferable. This means (a) students enrolled in the Children’s Division who miss classes should make them up during the same academic year if yearly or within the semester for Young Children’s Division, and (b) Adult class card holders who are not able to take their 10 classes by expiration may take a class at an equal or lesser rate before the date of expiration. There are no extensions.
(2) A charge of $15 will be applied for bounced checks.
(3) If payment for class is not received or tuition is in arrears, you or your child will not be permitted to take class.
Special exceptions are at the discretion of the director.